2/02/2009

Samsung PN58A550 58-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV

Samsung PN58A550 58-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV Review

I just got the Samsung PN58A550 Plasma HDTV this Christmas from my parents. At first I thought that my parents should have taken my opinion as I always preferred Sony over Samsung as far as the audio and video aspects were concerned. But to my astonishment, I realized that this Christmas gift is indeed a true value for its money. Talking about the picture quality of this television set, it is beyond any comparison. Even the setup options are much extensive as compared to the other televisions that we have used in the past. I can actually dial in almost everything about picture with the help of regular and easy to use menus.



Coming to the overall finish of the TV, it is simply amazing. The set is featured with a glossy piano finish on its frame and the stand looks really sharp. The menu options of this Samsung television are also very intuitive and good. Once the set is in its perfect place, it is really a thing of pure beauty with magnificent details and picture quality. The television helps the user to take pleasure in the deepest of blacks on this 58 inches plasma.

The best part about this television is that there is actually no buzzing sound that most of the plasmas suffer with. Another plus of this Samsung set is its elegant glare filtering. When this plasma was gifted to me, I was worried about the high level of heat users have faced in the past. However, as I used the set, to my surprise, I found that there is very little heat coming from the screen that’s not hot but only warm.

Other exceptional features of the Samsung TV include in built analog and digital tuners to enjoy the over the air broadcasts, 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, in built QAM tuner that receives un scrambled images and 1000,000:1 dynamic contrasting ratio.