2/15/2009

2009 Review - Samsung PN50A650 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV

50-Inch Samsung PN50A650 1080p Plasma HDTV with RED Touch of Color Review

Samsung has always been known for its excellent picture quality and the sound system of the Samsung television sets has always been a problem. This fact was my greatest concern when I was studying the market structure about the various television brands. After careful analysis and a tech friend’s advice I bought the Samsung PN50A650 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV with RED Touch of Color and I was amazed when I found that unlike other Samsung products the sound mechanism that has been installed in this television set has shown significant improvement and serves a quality purpose. Though the television set does not have surround sound system with theatrical effects, the downward facing speakers serves a fine purpose by providing realistic sounds, whether you listen to music or dialogues in a movie.

Samsung PN50A650 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV

When we talk about the picture quality there could be no comparison. Like other Samsung television sets even this plasma high-definition television set, has impressive picture displays that can be easily calibrated to the minutest color levels.



The filter screens for glare reduction that this television set has been attributed with helps in providing the perfect soothing effect to the eyes during television watching. The TV also has various color modes that can be chosen for watching various kinds of programs and episodes in the television set. Along with the above features the television set also has 4 HDMI inputs and I often connect my kids play station to the television set through these inputs and he enjoys playing games in this television set.
One of the greatest features of this television set is its ability to connect blue-ray players. These players provide the ultimate movie watching experience while sitting in the home. In fact the movie watching experience through the blue-ray players is better than the DVD experience and leaves the DVD mechanism miles behind by its quality service.
In fact when I talk about the picture quality of the television set I can say that I have been completely enchanted by it and most of the time I find myself in front of the television set watching some program or the other. It’s been hardly a month since I bought this television set and I find myself completely attracted to this television set. In fact my liking for the product has been increasing since I first saw it and I think that this television set has a lot to offer me in the recent future.