12/29/2008

Toshiba 26AV502U 26-Inch 720p LCD HDTV

Toshiba 26AV502U 26-Inch 720p LCD HDTV Review



I bought my new Toshiba 26AV502U 26-Inch 720p LCD HDTV four months back after reading a lot of reviews of the market and on the Internet. Since then, I am having a unique TV viewing experience that I could never imagine. Its 720 p HD picture quality has just surprised me because I had never thought that such an excellent picture quality can be obtained at low cost. This model has proved to be a great attachment for my home theatre system and with the help of the PC input, I also use it occasionally as an alternative to my computer monitor. It has in-built feature of ATSC/ NTSC/ QAM digital tuning that makes tuning possible for a standard cable channel in addition to off-air digital broadcasts and digital cable-in-the-clear broadcasts.



Toshiba 26AV502U 26-Inch 720p LCD HDTV has a response time of 8ms and a resolution of 1366x768. The viewing angles are 176 degrees (V) and 176 degrees (H). It has an in-built HDTV tuner, thin-line speaker system and 2 HDMI inputs. The picture quality of the TV is amazing and it is highly efficient as it also helps in saving a good amount on energy bills. With its 2 x 5 watt speakers, its sound quality is also good and is far better than its other competitors. At first, I was not satisfied with its viewing angles, but with the help of its user’s manual, I was able to tilt its screen and now I have got a big difference in its viewing angle quality.
Other features that I like most about this TV are: Dyna Light Backlight, Discrete IR codes, Theatre Wide Picture modes and compatibility to Vesa (200 mm x 200 mm). The display area is 26 inches with an aspect ratio of 16: 9. The input video signals are VGA, ATSC, QAM and NTSC and input terminals video are S-Video, VGA and Component HD. The inputs include HDMI In and outputs are Digital Audio Out. It just matches the interior of my drawing room as it is 19.8 inches in height, 26.4 inches in width and 3.7 inches in depth.