1/05/2009

Toshiba 32AV502U 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV

Toshiba 32AV502U 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV Review



I have been taking advantage of an excellent HD picture quality of 720p through my new Toshiba 32AV502U 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV. This model has proved to be a great accessory for my top quality home theatre and I also use it as a PC monitor sometimes through its PC input. It has an in-built ATSC/ NTSC/ QAM digital tuning feature allowing me to tune the standard cable channels and also off-air digital broadcast channels, apart from digital cable-in-the-clear broadcast channels.



As far as its installation is concerned, it is easy to be set on the stand and its cable hook up, play station and TIVO unit are very easy. The initial setting of all the channels is pretty fast and easy and the picture quality is just great. The crisp picture quality can be received through an outdoor/ indoor antenna and if you are not interested in getting a cable or satellite, you can simply install an antenna and there will be no compression and the images will be sharper than you could imagine.
The menu can be easily navigated and used, and I usually keep my settings of video on sports only, as it gives me brightest pictures which I like. However, the picture can also be adjusted in the preference mode and customize the brightness, sharpness, backlight, contrast, tint and color.
As far as the sound quality is concerned, the TV gives full sound. The treble and base seems to be well balanced and the sound system is just perfect for my needs. Various inputs, including component cables, HDMI, S-Video and PC inputs are situated on the TV’s back while the Video 2 input is situated on its side.
As a whole, I am really satisfied with this TV and it has done its job really well by displaying excellent and non-pixelated images. Being energy star, it also helps in saving money and energy.