11/25/2008

Samsung PN50A550 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV

Samsung PN50A550 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV Review


I ordered my Samsung PN50A550 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV last month and since then, I have never wanted to get out of my home. I feel very lucky to be running a home based business and whenever I get tired of work, I switch on my TV and have an ultimate experience of relaxation. The picture quality is magnificent and this is the TV which clearly shows the difference between 1080 p and 1080 i. For the last 2 years, I had been watching films on a plasma TV and I believed that I will never find a TV better than that. But I was wrong. This one is much much better than my former plasma TV.



Playstation 3 games and 1080 p blue ray discs are more vividly defined. I have set my picture to the standard mode which is perfect for TV placed in normal environment. There are other options which include movie mode for the darker rooms and dynamic mode for the brighter rooms. My TV came with pre-set factory settings all of which looked great but as per my choice and preferences, I have made some minor adjustments manually to enhance my viewing experience. First of all, an oversize, bright, bluish Led light distracted me which was always on while watching the TV. I called the company people and they told me how to switch it off. Now, I have no problem with my new TV. There is also an option to switch off the speakers of the TV and connect a home theatre system for the surround sound effect. There is a USB port in the TV through which I usually view pictures and play MP3 songs. I can also download upgrades on my PC to a file, load the upgrades on a USB drive and connect it to the TV for uploading the upgrades. The user’s manual is extremely helpful and will tell you everything else about the TV.